- to be a better mom to my kids
- to eat clean and healthy
- to be truly happy with the blessings in my life
- to improve as an athlete
- finally get to my goal weight and maintain it for life
The things I have been doing the last 6 months..
- hiding in my house because I am afraid of being rejected/not being liked
- relying on food to deal with emotions
- spending far too much time on the computer
- not spending enough time with my kids
- eating crap 70% of the time and trying to make up for it the rest of the time
- flat-lining as an athlete: runs aren't getting easier, I'm not getting faster, and I'm becoming very injury prone!
- putting off important things because I don't have the motivation to do it
- letting the little things get to me and not appreciating the overall blessings in my life.
On the running front, I have been plugging along on my training plan. I went to the ortho and he told me that he thought my shin pain was just shin splints, so I took a few days off and have been getting back to it slowly but surely. I am doing what's on the schedule, nothing more. I have to fight the urge to do more, I feel like I should be running every day, several miles a day because that's what everyone else does. I want so badly to feel "hard core" but I have swallowed the "bitter pill" of knowing if I push it too much too quickly I will end up injured and not able to make it to to the start line of the marathon. I can't WAIT to line up for that marathon, to accomplish something that I never thought possible. So for now, slow and steady wins the race. I am sticking to the lower mileage and have done the last 3 long runs on the treadmill to keep my pace slower. I wish I could say that made it easier, unfortunately, that;s just not the case. Hoping to be strong enough for the 3 half marathons I have coming up between now and May 5!
I did do something social this week - I went to "ladies night" at our local running store. I got to meet up with one of my friends from my half marathon class, which was fantastic. There wasn't a ton going on at the store: food, wine, mary kay, and an asics person, along with a store discount. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was slightly disappointed. I did of course buy something - seriously I can't go into that store without pulling out my credit card. This time I got a pair of CW-X compression capris and an asics light weight hoody, both were on clearance and buy one, get one 50% off. I spent money I shouldn't have but I have been eyeing the CWX pants for months and they were a good deal. With the marathon training coming, I figured now was as good of time as any. So, the next day I took them for a test drive. Pardon the picture quality, my good phone was in for service. I didn't do a long run in these capris, but boy did they feel good. They made me feel strong and fast, can't wait to wear them for a long run to see how they do.
Anyway, I hope I haven't bored you all with my struggles. I do hope to post more in the future.
For now, one last question: If you had one quote that keeps you moving forward when you are feeling down, what would it be?