Friday, July 26, 2013

It's almost August?!?

I feel like I should just discontinue this blog - I am terrible about keeping it up to date.  It's not even a matter of not having the time, its more so that when I sit down to blog my mind goes 1000 different directions.  I feel like a fraud sometimes and it makes me want to hide behind the internet.  More on that later.

It's insane that the summer is almost over - Natalie goes back to school August 14!  Between now and then we have a trip planned to Michigan for a family gathering and we are also hoping to make it to Kings Island in Cincinnati before Labor Day and to Northern Michigan before the end of September if possible.  We also have a wedding in October and then of course the BIG trip to Disney in January!  It doesn't sound like much on paper but I am overwhelmed just trying to imagine how we are going to adjust to Natalie in 1st grade, Daniel in preschool, my training schedule, and Tommy working part time from home! 

This summer has been rather uneventful.  We have made a couple trips down to Alabama but outside of that we haven't done much.  Our first trip to Alabama was to celebrate my 30th birthday - my sister bought tickets to the New Kids on the Block Package Tour in Nashville on my birthday.  It was an amazing concert and I wish that I had money to go to the concert again here in Indiana - if only I could win the lottery!  It was fun reliving my childhood! 

Then just last week we drove down for a week while Tommy was in California.  Originally I was supposed to fly down alone for my sister's graduation but with his trip to California we had no one to watch the kids so we made it a road trip!  It was a proud moment for me to see my sister graduate.  She's been trying to accomplish this goal for so long - I know it means alot to her to finally have that diploma in her hands!  And, not a week later she found out she will have a new job starting mid-August!  Congrats sis! 

One more exciting thing that has happened this summer is that we have booked our dining for the trip in January and we were able to get everything that we were hoping for with just a couple small (15 minutes or so) adjustments in time.  And, a week after getting out dining we called and scheduled Natalie's Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover and Daniel's knight makeover.  We are doing it our last day - first thing in the morning.  We will be able to get into the park before it opens, which should allow for some good pictures.  Then we have dinner scheduled at the new castle restaurant - Be Our Guest that evening

To sum it up, this summer I have: 
...done some running, although not enough.  
...done some dieting, although not successful. 
...created a cleaning schedule, but I haven't stuck with it. 
...planned and obsessed over our Disney trip, but I still feel lost!

That's all for now.  I plan another entry this week, but you know my track record, so no promises! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have had a very busy summer! I am glad you have all your dining reservations taken care of for Disney. Less stress that way. I wish we would have taken part of the Bibiddi Bobbidi Boutique when my girls were little , but they just weren't into all the glitter back then. But Natalie will look adorable and so will Daniel as a pirate. Can't wait to see your pictures. It is hard to believe that Natalie will be in first grade already. My baby turns 21 in just a few days! Makes me feel old. Don't worry too much about Disney. As long as you have your accomodations and dining reservations everything else will just fall into place. Just make sure you make smart eating choices so not to upset your tummy. Glad to see you back in the blog world. I have missed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys have had a pretty busy summer!

    ReplyDelete