Monday, November 5, 2012

Marathon Monday: Less than a Month to go!

Holy cow - how did I get here?  I just finished week 14 of my 18 week training plan!  With just a month to go the nerves, jitters, and self doubts are starting to take hold.  I am pretty sure I can complete the mileage but I want to have a GOOD race - I want to feel strong and confident.  That will be the hard  part.  More on that later, but for now lets summarize my mileage for week 14.

Tuesday: 5.2 miles ("tempo" run on the treadmill, UGH)
Wednesday: 9 miles
Thursday: 5 miles (with the BOB)
Saturday: 16.35 miles (trail race, recap tomorrow)
Total for the week: 35.55 miles

This next week will be the toughest of my training schedule - I am ready to face it head on!  I have my one and only 20 miler this week and then its all down hill until the marathon!  Right now I am looking forward to the taper, but I have heard that it starts to really get to most people - we will see.

For now, I am trying to decide how to run my race.  My original goal was not to have a time goal and to just run/walk it however I had to.  Now though, I am thinking that it might be helpful for me to run with a pace group.  But, I am not sure if I can run every step of the marathon (even at a slower pace).

What would you do if you were me?  Pick a pace group or go it alone?  

P.S.  If you haven't yet donated to my fundraising, please consider it.  I met my original goal, but I have another goal that I would love to reach, and I am just under $150 away from that.  It would mean the world to me to get to $3,620 raised for St Jude.  St Jude does wonderful things every day and every dollar helps them come closer to a cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment