Monday, November 26, 2012

Marathon Monday: The Countdown!

My marathon is this Saturday, how did we get here so quickly?!?  I feel like I have followed the training plan pretty much to a "tee" so I am hoping that means that I am ready for this challenge!   I gained a few pounds over Thanksgiving so I am slightly worried about that.

I have had one pretty bad nightmare about the marathon - started out too fast, bonked by mile 4, ran a loop twice when I should have run it once (and it was a BIG loop), then the course (which was marked by chalk) wasn't marked at a corner so I had no clue which way to go and had to wait for a course marshall to direct me, and last but not least I got lost in the hills/woods and was unable to finish the race.  So far I have only had the one nightmare so I guess I got all my fears out in one terrifying night!

This last week was a pretty easy one as far as the miles go

Tuesday: 4 miles (on the treadmill)
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: 3.45 miles (with my little girl)
Saturday: 8.15 miles
  Total for the week: 21.6 miles

I leave on Thursday to head to Memphis.  I am mostly packed and ready, just playing the waiting game.  Oh, and nervously watching the weather.  Right now, things aren't looking how I would like them to.  There is a chance of rain and the temps are going to top out at nearly 70 degrees!  Some people may love the warm weather - but I am a cold weather runner and have been training in the 30s and 40s.  Hoping I will be able to adjust to the heat (and potentially humidity).

And, for those of you who haven't yet... please consider making a donation to my fundraising here. They have a "contest" going on today and if I can get 5 donations I will earn a commemorative poster for marathon weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Yay for Marathon Week! You are going to do great this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete