Friday, August 24, 2012

Some things you can't outrun

today, its feelings of self doubt and disappointment.

No matter how hard I have worked to get to where I am, I can't feel good in my own body because I am weighed down by the damage the excess weight caused to my body.  The only solution is one that would put my life in danger and set me back $20,000 that I need to take care of my family.  It is disheartening and frustrating.

I'll be okay, but for today... I am going to feel sorry for myself and cry about it just a little.

We all have weeks like that right?

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog while googling "peacock running skirt." A friend described it to me and I want to find it!

    However, I've started reading through your entries and this one struck a chord with me. I had lap band surgery in January and I've lost 70ish lbs and run all the time...and someone took a picture of me at the end of my Ragnar relay leg and all I could see was the loose skin around my leg. I was horrified. (Don't even want to think about the stomach.)

    I hear you. I know I'll never have skin surgery, so it's something I have to live with (and maybe hopefully tighten up through weight lifting??) but it's so, so discouraging and frustrating.

    In any case, keep it up - you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete