Monday, September 3, 2012

Marathon Monday - Week 5 Recap

Just finished up week 5 in my marathon training - things are progressing nicely and so far I am holding up okay.  I have some aches and pains but nothing that keeps me from getting the miles logged.    I am going to keep this short, but wanted to summarize how I did this week.

Tuesday: 5 miles with the BOB
Wednesday: 3 miles with the BOB plus 1 mile with Natalie
Saturday: 13.2
   Total for the week: 22.2

My long run this week was a half marathon.  I ran the half with my friend who was running her first half, so we took it easy and just enjoyed ourselves (as much as you can while running 13.1 miles).   I loved running with a friend and even more so it was great to get the time on my feet.  And, it gave me the confidence that in a few months I will be able to finish 26.2 miles.  I can't wait to run 26.2 for the patients at St Jude.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for your friend running her first half! I'm sure you being there with her made it a special experience for her.

    ReplyDelete