Monday, October 10, 2011

MRI and Mind Games!

I had my MRI today - unfortunately as per usual the tech's aren't allowed to tell you anything so I have to wait until tomorrow morning.  I am anxious to hear what the doctor has to say tomorrow.

Of course, the pain that took me to the doctor was pain in the outside part of my foot and upper ankle along the peroneal tendon.  However, after a week in the "boot" I have other pain in my ankle area.  Its sort of scaring me, but I think its my mind playing tricks on me.  If I am logical and think about the fact that the boot is making me walk in a different fashion it makes sense that things would be twinge-y. At least, thats what I am telling myself.

Will update more tomorrow after my appointment.  I would appreciate any good thoughts you want to send my way.  This is such a minor injury and I am totally going to be okay no matter what they tell me, but I really want to be able to do St Louis in a little less than two weeks - even if it means walking it.  This injury has made me realize how lucky I have been so far so I am going to take this in stride.

Hope you all had a great Monday!

1 comment: