Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Physical Therapists?

There was a sign up at the PT's office that I noticed this morning...

"How can you tell the difference between a terrorist and a physical therapist?... You can negotiate with a terrorist."

I guess I should have taken it as a sign of the pain I was in for just a few short minutes later.  So, apparently my muscles are all VERY tight (note to self:  work on stretching more so I can get this under control).  After trying hand massage on my calves the therapist decided it wasn't working... I needed something else... scraping!

I almost shuddered when he said that... I remember reading about Wells L's experience with calf and heel scraping.  I tried to act like I wasn't worried... but HOLY CRAP!  So painful!  He said my calves are a mess... he tried to explain it to me but all I got out of it was my calves are bumpy and they should be smooth?  They were VERY red afterward.  It was amusing to watch all the therapists' shocked faces as they saw what my calves were looking like during the scraping.

Anyway, that was my excitement for this Wednesday.  Anything exciting going on this week/weekend for my bloggy readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment