Friday, January 6, 2012

So far, SO good...

It's been less than a week since the new year, so I won't go professing that I will conquer my goal of losing 25 pounds.  But, I am happy to say that I have lost a total of 11.6 pounds already.  That's almost halfway there!  Of course, the second half is always the hardest!

I haven't done anything crazy...
 - at least 6 bottles of water a day
 - weighing daily
 - counting calories, watching portion sizes, and logging food to keep me at around 1600 calories
 - limiting pre-packaged food
 - watching sodium intake
 - trying to get my body moving every day

The last one has been the hardest because I am supposed to be taking a running break after my run streak during the end of 2011.  But, I have been mixing it up with doing workout videos, swimming, and DDR for cardio and throwing in work on my ball for my abs.  I hate my abs, probably always will... thats the downside of losing a huge amount of weight, you have extra skin and without surgery there isn't much you can do about it.  And, I am terrified of going under the knife!

With the "clean up" of my diet I am seeing some improvements in my acne... its not great still, but I know it will take time.  Can't wait to not feel ashamed to face the the world again!

I am missing running, I think I am going to allow myself to do a few runs during my break, just with the rule that if it starts to really hurt I have to stop.

Oh, and an update on the eye doctor... it went better than I expected.  My eyes have actually gotten better in the last 7 years since I saw an eye doctor!  I won't have to wear glasses or anything, I am nearsighted in my right eye, but only the least possible correction and the doctor typically doesn't prescribe corrective lenses for that.  I did discuss with him the problem I have focusing my eyes when I read so I am getting some sort of glasses for reading.. I think he called them close vision lenses.  They just allow things to be a little more crisp and easy to read.  I will share a picture when I get them.

1 comment: