Saturday, December 31, 2011

The New Years Virtual 5k

I signed up to do the New Years Virtual 5k over at Daily Vitamin F.  I was going to run it tomorrow so I could say I had a race in January, but I found another race.  I could have "double dipped" but I figured with the weight I have put on I could use the extra miles, so I will do the other one tomorrow.

Not much to say about this run, it wasn't easy by any means... I am sore and looking forward to a few weeks off from running starting January 3rd!   (I need to run til the first because of the RW Streak and I have someone who wants to run with me on the 2nd, and who am I to turn down a run with a buddy - I NEVER get that!)

Here are my splits.... my official time came in at 24:32.

Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary24:31.63.107:55
17:53.31.007:53
28:01.51.008:02
37:54.41.007:55
4:42.40.107:07


And a few pictures (you can really see the weight gain in my face):



I hope that everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve.  We will be staying in since we don't have anyone to watch the kids, but I will probably enjoy a drink or two five! After today I am going to get back to my healthy living hard core so I figure I might as well go out with a bang!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012

3 comments:

  1. Your split times are pretty impressive!!! PS I LOVE your skirt!!! Happy New Year! Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pace, and enjoy your break. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete