Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Streaking

Today is day 28 of the Runner's World Run Streak and I have planned a quick one mile jog.  I will get it in sometime today, just not sure when.  Yesterday I went to the Y and did a quick 2 miles outside followed by 40 minutes or so of weight training.  I would love to hit the Y again but my kiddos are both showing signs of being sick and I want to keep them as healthy as possible with Christmas coming up.  The last time I posted my mileage was 12/12, so here are my miles since then as well as my "grand total" thus far.

12/13: 1.01 miles
12/14: 3.1 miles
12/15: 1.01 miles
12/16: 1.01 miles
12/17: 1.25 miles
12/18: 6.21 miles
12/19: 1 mile
12/20: 2.01 miles
12/21: planning 1 mile 1.65 miles

69.39 miles  (seeing that now I may run a bit more than a mile today to get to a flat 70 miles)  70.4 miles

I am proud of how far I have come with this challenge.  My mileage is NOTHING compared to most people but I am trying to run conservative per the recommendations of my therapist.  I honestly am excited for the streak to be over though so I can go back to a more normal (for me) training routine.  I am planning on taking two weeks off running when I complete the streak.  I am hoping to get back in the pool during that time, but we will see how that goes.

Christmas is right around the corner and I am excited to get it over with so I can reclaim my closet (right now it is filled with gifts for the kids).  I don't mean to sound like I am not excited about Christmas, I am looking forward to celebrating with my kids.  But, if I am truthful, my heart isn't totally in it this year.  I wish I could figure out exactly whats got me down so I could start feeling better but no such luck.

I am so thankful for my kiddos right now.  They are the reason I wake up each morning even when all I would like to do is lay in bed and mope.  Without them I would be floundering even more.  We should be getting a box from Alabama sometime this week - and I know the kids will be really excited about that.  I will be excited too because my mom sent me some of her Christmas goodies!  I grew up eating fudge and peppermint divinity every year (its what we did as gifts for teachers, etc) but I have yet to be brave enough to try making it myself.  So, thank you Mom for making my Christmas and sending some my way - and an even bigger thanks for sending a small quantity so I hopefully won't gain 20 pounds eating it!  :)

I wish I had something more exciting to blog about, but right now it is just merely a challenge to get through each day.  Hoping for some sunshine soon....




No comments:

Post a Comment